This agreement was last modified on November 17, 2019.
2. Who We Are
Belly & Soul is the private practice of Sharon Gray, LAc. The purpose of this site is to help individuals improve their digestion and overall health with a blend of Chinese medicine, whole foods nutrition, and heart-centered practices. Sharon is also the creator of a self-care themed cookbook, entitled The Nourished Cook. This book is an offshoot of Sharon’s work and may be referred to on this website and/or emails.
Belly & Soul is a sub-business under the following legal entities:
Belly & Soul, INC: P.O. Box 964, Twisp, WA 98856; and
Sharon Gray, LAc: P.O. Box 964, Twisp, WA 98856.
Sharon Gray, LAc is the owner of Belly & Soul, INC, doing business as “Belly & Soul,” and “The Nourished Cook.”
3. Data We Collect and Why
The information we collect falls into the following categories:
Identification: This may include your first and last name, username, and the password you’ve chosen to log in to our website. This allows you to log into your account easily, and for us to address you in a nicer way than “Hello, you.”
Contact Information: This may include your billing address, shipping address, email address, and telephone number. We only collect this information if you schedule an appointment or order a physical product from us.
Billing Information: This includes your payment card details when ordering through our shop. We do not store this information on our website. Instead, we redirect all transactions directly to Square.
Transactions: This includes details about products you’ve purchased from us, including payments and refunds. This allows us to help you with your orders as well as maintain accurate records for bookkeeping and tax purposes.
Analytics: This may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser type and versions, operating system, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. This helps us to track and fix technical issues and make our website as user-friendly as possible.
Tracking: This includes information we collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies. For example, this helps our website remember you, so you don’t always have to log in when you make a purchase or view your account. It also prevents annoying popups from triggering after you’ve already signed up for our newsletter.
4. How Your Data is Collected
We collect most information when you do one or more of the following:
1. Sign up for our newsletter;
2. Create an account on our website;
3. Order our products;
4. Participate in a contest, promotion, or survey;
5. Contact us for support; or
6. Leave reviews for products and services
5. Sharing Data
We never sell your information or allow third-party providers to use your data for their own purposes. However, we do use reputable parties to perform certain functions on our website or to abide by the law.
We share limited information with the following:
1. Suppliers and service providers, such as web-hosting providers (Always Web Hosting), plugin developers (such as Woocommerce), payment gateways (Square), and mailing services (Stamps.com and Shipstation) receive data to protect and maintain our website, to process transactions, and to ship products to you;
2. Google Analytics receives tracking data and site usage to help us best meet your individual needs and interests;
4. MailChimp receives contact information and your purchase history to help us send you only relevant information based on your subscription preferences and order history.
5. Auditors, lawyers, accountants, and insurers to abide by Federal and State regulations; and
6. Law enforcement if requested.
A “cookie” in this case is not a tasty treat, but rather a tiny piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit our website to serve a variety of purposes.
We use the following types of cookies:
1. Analytics cookies (Google Analytics) that remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. These keep track of your browsing patterns and help us understand how you use our website so we can make it an even better experience for you.
2. Service cookies (Woocommerce, WordPress) that help remember the information you share with us via our website (such as registration and login details and settings preferences).
3. Session cookies used to stop popups from pestering you after you close them (PopUp Maker).
4. Third-party cookies that are placed on behalf of plugins (such as Gravity Forms), video players (such as Vimeo and Youtube), or payment gateways (such as Square) that allow you to sign up for our newsletter, send us a message, play videos, and process transactions.
5. Social Share Button cookies (including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Email) that are used to track which posts receive the most attention, so we can offer more of what you like.
7. Data Retention
We’ll only store your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it.
For example, it’s our legal obligation to keep the necessary information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, and Transaction Data) for seven years for tax purposes. We retain Pending, Failed, or Canceled Orders for one year, and we keep Gift Certificate information indefinitely. Cookies that remember you when you log in to our website last two days unless you click “remember me” (in this case, the cookie lasts for two weeks). When you sign up for our newsletter, there’s a cookie that lasts for two years, so you don’t keep seeing popups inviting you to join again and again. Google Analytics tracking data is kept indefinitely so we can compare trends over the years.
In most cases, you can request to have your data deleted. See sections #9 and #12 below.
We may anonymize your data (so it’s no longer linked to you) at any time for statistical purposes. In this case, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice.
8. Third-Party Links
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We’re not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
9. Your Rights
If you have an account on this site, or if you’ve ever left a comment or review, you may request an exported file of any data you’ve provided to us.
You may also request that we erase any information we hold about you (excluding any data we’re obligated to keep for accounting, legal, or security purposes).
If you’re still concerned about your data, we recommend the following:
1. Limit information that you provide in comments, contact forms, or at checkout (not every field is required).
2. Opt-out of electronic communications. You may opt out of receiving newsletters emails by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email from Sharon Gray and Belly & Soul. If you opt out of newsletter messages, you may still receive important messages about your account or products you’ve purchased.
3. Set your browser to reject cookies. This will limit tracking; however, you may need to log in more often, face a few extra popup messages, and be addressed by something other than your first name on our Thank You pages.
10. Age of Consent
By using this site, you claim to be at least 18 years of age or your parent or legal guardian has given us your consent for you to use this website.
12. Contact Information
If you’d like to: access, amend, download, or delete any personal information we have about you, express a concern, or ask a question, please contact us at email@example.com or send mail to the following address:
Belly & Soul
P.O. Box 965
Twisp, WA 98856